Digital Stories…New course starting soon!

Digital Stories Poster

Toxteth TV and the WEA are pleased to be able to offer a brand new course for adult learners (aged 19+). Digital Stories is a course that helps people tell their stories and stories from within their communities using camcorders and blogging. So if you’ve got a story tell or know someone who has, then this course is for you.

Over the course of 6 weeks, you will work in small teams to plan your digital story, film it, edit it and use social media and blogs to spread it around the world. Community reporting techniques are embedded into the course and leads to a Silver Level Community Reporting badge. If you’re interested, take note of the details below:

When: Tuesday 12th November 2013
Where: Toxteth TV, 37 – 45 Windsor Street, Toxteth, L8 1XE
Time: 2:30pm – 4:30pm
Cost: £18.60 or FREE for adults on means tested benefits
Length: 6 weeks

Comments are closed.

8 Responses

1. Tracey Hylton says:

I am interested in doing this course but unable to make the first session due to a prior commitment. Is their any chance of me being able to do the course from next week? I can come in before to fill in the paper work?

2. Hayley says:

Hi Tracey,
    Yes, that is okay. If you could pop in, like you said, before the session next Tuesday to fill in the paperwork that would be great.
    See you next week,
    Hayley

3. Bethany Wells says:

I’m writing a story about the course,w ould it be possible to get a few quotes from any at toxteth tv, before todays session

4. Lisa says:

Hi, I am writing a small piece on this course for Liverpool Life, I have tried emailing Hayley but I have had no reply.
    I was just wondering if you could give me a short summary of what you hope to achieve with this course. As well as what you would say to people who are considering getting involved!
    It is just a little piece, we think this course sounds great and want to give it a little mention in our magazine.
    Thanks
    Lisa

5. Hayley says:

Hi Lisa,
    I was teaching on the course when you emailed earlier (the course started today, 2:30 – 4:30pm), so I didn’t receive it until I finished work and returned home. I’ve sent you an email with some details about the course, we are happy for people to still join next week (week 2) if they have missed the first session as I will catch them up. Let me know if you need any further information.
    Hayley :)

6. brian whitby says:

hi Hayley Brian here,not sure if you remember me or not i was on the media course last year. Anyway I am a volunteer at Genie in the gutter,a bridge to recovery service that facilitates film,music and theatre, and although it is too late to put any of our clients forward for the current course, I was wondering if the same course will be running after the current one finishes in 6 weeks, if so we have a number of clients who would jump at the chance of attending. thank you for your time. Brian

7. Hayley says:

Hi Brian,
    It’s good to hear from you, hope you are well. The digital stories course is not running at the beginning of the new year (it may run later in the year). We have an activism and film course running from the end of January though if they are interested in that (http://toxteth.tv/?p=1314), we have a film and technology course but they need to be aged 19 or under (http://toxteth.tv/?p=1320) and we also have a heritage project running were we will be looking for volunteers to do archive research and also people who want to write scripts with us. Let me know if any of the people you work with are interested in any of these opportunities and if they are, I could pop down in the New Year to speak with them and give them more details? Hayley